Sunday, May 6, 2012

The Mash-up Post

As I was browsing Wedding Bee this morning, I came across an awesome idea that I am here to share.



Table mock-ups!  Now, this seems kind of like a no-brainer to me, but what really got me is how to take this idea and make it even more functional.  The "poster"/"postee"??? suggested taking a picture of the desired set-up and then putting all of those items in a box with the picture on the outside.  This way, when the items get taken to the church/reception hall, they are already together and someone can simply set it up.

What a great idea huh?  Considering that I am doing a lot of DIY and we have no designated wedding coordinator, I have been thinking about how everything is going to get set up in a timely manner.  I really didn't want to put all of that pressure on my mom, so if I have everything already organized, I can put our many friends and family members to work. With the pictures, they can resurrect my ideas without having to specifically ask for what I want (and I'm a terribly picky, but nice, perfectionist).  I just know how stressed I get with Prom when I have a lot of hands that want to help, but it takes time to explain to each group what needs to be done (leaving lots of other groups standing around not doing anything).  Problem solved.


In other news, I bought my supplies today to make bridal party dress hangers.
Source (I love the flower on this one)

This is something that I don't feel is necessary whatsoever but I think they're cute.  I spent $5 on 5 wooden hangers and $2.50 on wire after a 40% off coupon.  So if it turns out to be disastrous, then there's no harm.  And seriously, $7.50 for 5 hangers (instead of $20ish) is an awesome deal.

I went ahead and found a font that I liked (called Little Days from Dafont) to create a template for the wire.  I probably won't "trace" the template necessarily, but rather use it to help guide the shaping of the letters.  I love the all-lowercase letter look.



I haven't picked bridesmaids yet...so I'm starting with my own.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment