Thursday, August 16, 2012

Temporary Hiatus (excuses included)...

WOW.  It has been a crazy couple of weeks!

After Adam and I got back from Denver on Monday (the 30th), I left again on Friday (the 3rd) to go on a cruise with my family.   It was definitely a last minute deal; my parents had the vacation time and they called the travel agent 10 days before we set sail!  My brother will be a graduating from high school next May and I will be getting married next June, so they figured this could be our last big family vacation.  Adam, unfortunately, wasn't invited...but I wasn't about to turn down a free cruise despite that!
You can't turn down a view like that! (Cozumel, Mexico)

At Paradise Beach (Cozumel, MEX)

 (Cozumel, MEX)

Cozumel Port (Puerta Maya)

Getting ready for dinner!

 Salsa dancing lessons with Dad

 Uxmal Mayan Ruins

The Mayans were short people.

Almost back to Galveston, TX

Zur got a souvenir.


So, I got back on the next Thursday night (the 9th) and Adam and I proceeded directly to the bars for a goodbye party for one of his coworkers.  Then on Saturday we went car shopping for Adam.
  
Adam getting one last moment with his Ranger (he's had it the entire time I've known him)

...and saying hello to car payments...and reliability :)


Sunday we had my belated birthday gathering with my dad and grandparents.

ANDDD this week I've been spending some time trying to get my classroom back into shape.  Since I will only be TEACHING IN ONE BUILDING (!!!!!!), I am trying to combine two classrooms worth of crap teaching resources into one room with no storage. I'll post a picture for you guys when it is camera ready!

So those are my excuses!  I hope they adequate enough.

In wedding related news...we met with a pastor in between getting back from Denver and me leaving for the cruise.  Since we don't have a church home, we went through the university's Ecumenical Campus Ministries.  Our pastor (I think I can officially call him that!) mainly deals with college students, so I didn't feel so guilty about sharing that we've lived together for seven years and don't go to church.  He was incredibly understanding and willing to work with us in planning our wedding.

We each took a relationship survey this evening and whatever our "scores" indicate will be the topic of discussion during our pre-marital counseling.  After those 3-ish sessions, we can start planning out the ceremony!  Let's just hope we're not doomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment