Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Won't you be my bridesmaid?

I really wanted to do something special to ask the girls to be my bridesmaids.  I realize that simply asking would suffice, but I thought going above and beyond would not only be nice, but it would show them how much it means to me to have them be a part of my wedding.

Thus, it was decided.

I had several options in mind that I had seen on Pinterest or Wedding Bee...
the card (source)

the necklace (source)


the ring pop (source)

...but none of them really spoke to me.  

Something that has been pretty popular these days is making your own wine labels as table numbers/wedding favors for the reception. 

So, I decided to branch off that and make Will You Be My Bridesmaid bottles of wine and personalized goblets. I put the bottles and goblets into a gift bag with a note for each of the girls.  I basically handed them all the bags, let them peek and told them they couldn't read my note until I had left (because I'm awkward).

All the girls seemed to really like them, which made all of the work completely worth it!  

How did you ask your bridesmaids?  I'm absolutely terrible about asking people for help, so I felt super vulnerable!  After they read their letters, everyone was really excited and emotional which made me feel dumb for feeling so insecure.  These are people that I have spent years of my life getting to know, but I was still so worried!

I'll post a DIY for this, but it was all pretty simple and self-explanatory.  Hope you like it! Share your Will You Be My Bridesmaid stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment