Sunday, April 22, 2012

Since I've Been Gone...

Dear Blog,
It's been awhile, but I am back.  I've been putting in 12-14 hour days these past few weeks with Prom. By the time I make the 40 minute drive back into town and force myself to go exercise, I have about a 30 minute gap to eat some dinner and take a shower before it is time for bed.  Needless to say, there wasn't a whole lot of time to blog, and really nothing to blog about other than Prom as it was the center of my life.

But Prom is over and I can resume our regularly scheduled broadcasting blogging.

But for today, some pictures from Prom.  I was really happy with how it turned out this year.  We had a TON of very large decorations to put together and they didn't fall over during the dance so I consider that a success.  We had the dance in the school, so we really try to transform it so that it doesn't even feel like it, and I think we did so effectively.

Entrance
The Prom 2012 columns we actually placed outside so they could take pictures.  
Worked out great in my opinion.


Main theme/decorations - Party in Pandora
I kind of decapitated some of the students in the picture, you know, to protect the rights of the innocent and all.  
Check out those trees yo...16 feet tall.


Waterfall with pond area.
This was hiding behind the arches. Spike plants light up also.


Close-up to arches, trees, mushrooms, etc.
What craftsmanship!



Ceiling that fiancé Adam set up.  
I love the ceiling this year as it kind of feels like a tree canopy.
The kids complained about too many lights last year so we just strung two strands into the ceiling this year.


Punch/Snacks and DJ tables with no punch, snacks or DJs.
The kids picked out all the music and we used Spotify (love love love) to play it.  I went ahead and bought Spotify Premium ($10/month) so that I could listen to it offline (aka in my car on my drive to work) to make sure it was all school appropriate.  

So there you have it!  Prom 2012 is officially over.  There were a couple of things that I didn't get photographed, but this is the first year that I have actually remembered to take pictures out of the last four, so I am quite pleased with myself.

Things that I didn't get photographed that I wish I had:
1.  The Flowers:  bright orange asiatic lilies...they looked awesome in contrast with the room.
2.  The DJ/punch table all set up.
3.  Balloons:  We blew up balloons with helium and put mini glow sticks in them.  They got tied onto the different theme items like the arches and trees.
4.  The Voting Table:  We had table at the end of the entrance/hallway that had the crowns, tiaras, sashes and voting ballots all set up.
5.  Everything with the lights off and all lit up.

Now, for today, we have clean-up to do.  I am giving the kids a little time to sleep in, but that will be the last item on my GIANT 6 page to-do list.



So what do you think?  This is completely not wedding-related, but it does prove that I have been doing something these past few weeks that I have been missing.  Do you remember what your Prom looked like (I don't!) or have any fond Prom memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment