Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wedding Checklist - Part 1

There are only 4 more weeks of work!  With that being said, I have accomplished nothing wedding-like lately.  However, this post is dedicated to all the things that I am going to do this summer that I can keep you all filled in on. 

Adam got a full-time internship for this summer.  Normally, he would work a couple of days per week and then we could hang out the rest of the time.  Well, this summer is going to be quite different as I will be all by my lonesome Monday through Friday.  Now, I'm not so completely dependent on Adam that I don't have friends to go and hang out with, but this summer will be a little different in the fact that he will be gone every day (you know, like normal working people).

So, with all this extra time on my hands, I plan on getting my wedding wheels turning and getting some things checked off my list (while probably adding some more that I find on Pinterest also).

I have seen lots of posts about how people stay organized during the wedding-planning process.  I am very particular in the way that things are arranged, so using a template is kind of a difficult thing for me to do.  I have found a GoogleDocs spreadsheet that has helped me figure out our budget, but for our checklist, I am going with my standard of Evernote.

What I like about Evernote is that it syncs with other devices that use it, so you can take your lists, pictures, links, etc with you wherever you have internet access.  For me, not being a part of the smartphone generation, it is not as useful on the go, but I still really like it. If you're familiar with Evernote, I have a whole notebook reserved just for wedding stuff. 



So here is the summertime wedding checklist close-up:


You'll notice the first section is Feb-May.  You also notice that nothing is checked off.  Shame shame.  Although, I have been working on getting into shape (down 3 pounds), and I have been envisioning the wedding (extensively).  

Did anyone out there get insurance for their rings?  I have been putting it off, but where did you buy it from?  Any other suggestions for wedding things I should do with my time off that took longer than you expected?

No comments:

Post a Comment