Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My First Bundle of {Wedding} Joy

My second post of December!  That is worthy of a Bad Blogger Award.

Nevertheless, we got a present from Vistaprint the other day!

A couple of months ago, I got an email from Groupon for a free $20 towards any purchase.  I have never made a Groupon purchase, so they have been trying to suck me in via free offers.  They started out at $10, climbed to $15 and peaked at $20.  It just so happened that there was a Vistaprint offer going on at the same time:  $54 value for $14 or $84 value for $24.  Since I had the $20 credit, I went for the $84 dollar offer, spending a whopping $4.

I raided the website high and low.  I tossed around the idea of getting some personalized gifts for my bridesmaids, but settled on:  
__
| _ |
Save-the-Dates...
(official reveal post coming soon)

...address labels (some to use now and some for after the wedding)...

...envelope seals...

...and business cards turned Picture-Sharing Information Cards.

The Save-the-Date cards I designed by myself and uploaded it as a JPEG using their blank template. The address labels and envelope seals were their own designs and I just slapped our information on them.   The business cards are actually their free ones (you get 250 as long as you don't want to do any editing to the template).  I just used the fields to put our Photobucket information on them rather than an address/phone/website/etc.

I plan on putting business cards in with the favor bags or leaving them on the tables for the guests to pick up at the reception.  I don't mind having people post the pictures to Facebook, but I would rather have them in a centralized place and then anyone can sign in, upload their own and look at the others (and they were FREE).

I think everything was on sale, but our original price would have been $97.21 for everything.  Since shipping is not covered by the groupon deal, I paid $14.32.  Add the $4 that I spent on the groupon and the total comes to $18.32 for everything!  Not too shabby.  Overall, I was pretty happy with the quality.  The printing is done well.  The only thing that I was disappointed in was the tiny font on my address labels and the date on the envelope seals.  Both of them look clear and defined online, but what we received wasn't quite so crisp.  It doesn't really stand out and kind of fades into the background.  If I had known this, I would have made the print larger.  It wasn't a big enough deal for me to call them, but I've heard that they have great customer service in the event that you care more than I do!

At this point now, I am working on addressing the Save-the-Dates so we can send those puppies out!  We got lots of wedding-related questions at Christmas so I probably should have sent them out a little sooner, but I've been busy! Aaand I still have a partially incomplete list of who we are actually inviting to the wedding fo' sho...so I've been stalling.

Anyways, hope you had a great Christmas.  Sorry for the terrible blog post...you get a little bit of everything in a big jumbled mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment