Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Post about Wedding Napkins

Originally, I was going to make personalized napkins:  

I felt that $30 for 100 napkins was just plain silly.  I can buy the napkins for $5 and do it myself for half the cost.  I already had the heat gun, I just needed to find the right stamp, ink and embossing powder.   

Well, change of plans!  Theknot.com was having a sale, $10 for 100 personalized napkins.  So I got 3 sets.  And yes, I spent $30 on napkins (which was what I originally was trying to avoid in the first place), but lemme explain:  
I was only going to get 2 sets of 100.  Okay, $20.  Well, shipping ended up being about $8, so $28.  But The Knot was offering Free Shipping on orders of $25+.  So instead of spending $28 on 200 napkins, I spent $30 on 300 napkins and slept just fine that night.

Could I have done it for less?  Yes.
Did I feel like saving a little money was worth the time it would take to make them myself (plus the cost of the extra supplies)?  Not so much. 
Do I regret having to cross something off my DIY list that I did not DIY? Nope.

So thus we have our napkins in 3 different colors and designs:

Overall, I was really happy with my purchase.  The quality was great, the price was unbeatable and the amount of work involved was minimal.  I had read some reviews saying that some of the napkins had stuck together and didn't get printed on, but they actually sent around 110 napkins in each box and I only had 5 napkins that I won't be using:

My only complaint:  it took over a month from the time I purchased them to the time that they shipped.  Wowsers.  Don't wait until the last minute for these guys!  And don't forget to sign up for their emails so that you can get in on these deals!

No comments:

Post a Comment