Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Needle in the Haystack

It is now mid-March.  Adam and I have been engaged for almost three months.  I have spent every waking moment that I am not doing something else (but also then sometimes too) pouring over the internet, Bride's magazine, Pinterest, wedding blogs and books.  Clearly, I am looking for wedding ideas, but what I have discovered lately is that in all of my searching, I still have no idea what I want my wedding to look like.

I think part of the reason that I am having such a difficult time associating myself with a theme is the abundance of wedding images that are so, dare I say, creative.  Now, I consider myself a rather crafty person and I plan to get my creative wheels spinning when we start doing some actual work here, but I think the generic wedding has been done so many times that the Martha Stewarts and Style Me Prettys are trying to find new and outside of the box ideas for brides.

But, if you're like me, that seems to be exactly what I am looking for:  a few wedding examples that stick to the traditional and classic genres.

So, in honor of not being able to find my "dream theme" yet, here are some pictures of things that I like.


  Aisle runners (with our logo) / Source   


Mr. & Mrs. chair signs / Source


Candles / Source


    
Stamped napkins / Source


Dress hangers / Source


Luminaries / Source


So these are a few of my favorite things.  This was a rather fun post so I will definitely have to revisit this again!

Do any of you feel like a majority of the wedding pictures you come across either don't match your style or are something that you wouldn't choose to use?  Help make me feel like I'm not the pickiest person out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment