Monday, June 18, 2012

Bad Kitty

Meet Zur.

Adam and I adopted Zur almost 6 years ago.  His full name is Zur the Enchanter.  He is named after a Magic the Gathering card (don't judge me).

Now, if you don't know about Magic the Gathering, consider yourself awesome.  Adam and his older brother have been playing for probably 10-15 years, although the "Magic nights" have diminished practically to the point of non-existence lately.  While I don't consider Adam to be a complete nerd, Magic does contribute to some of his nerdy-ness.

Anyways.  We named Zur after a Magic card, not to show our reverence to the Magic the Gathering creators, but rather we couldn't find a name we liked so we resorted to looking through Adams Magic decks.

I love Zur, but he is crazy.  And as this post title suggests, he has been a very bad kitty.

~~~~~~~~I imagine the Wayne's World (doodly doot) sounds as we flash back ~~~~~~~~

I started working on our aisle runner last week.  Went to Hobby Lobby, spent $18 on an aisle runner with the intentions of it turning out something like this:
Source / Excellent DIY blog by the way

I printed off our logo using Excel and starting tracing it onto the aisle runner...

...and then I spent the evening painting the C with acrylic paint while watching Game of Thrones.
(Definitely not perfect yet, but a start.)

All to wake up the next morning to Zur's wrath attempt at getting comfortable on the aisle runner while using his claws and teeth.
(It's kind of hard to see some of the spots, but I promise they are there)

Adam tried to convince me that you couldn't really see the marks, but being a perfectionist that I am, this is just not acceptable.  Luckily he only tore up a 2ft section above where the logo is so I am thinking that I may be able to repurpose it for our cake table like this:

And as for the other 90 feet of aisle runner I have left, I am going to pop in the church sometime and see how well it covers the length of the aisle.  I actually haven't been in the church since the last time we went to a wedding there, so it will be a good chance for me to check everything out.  I'm hoping that I can use the remainder of the material for the actual aisle runner, but if it doesn't work out, I might use it to make the backdrop for our photo booth or to decorate some tables or something.  

And the moral of this story is: do not leave soft and cozy things that you do not want destroyed by Zur lying around the house unprotected.  Lesson learned.

Did you have any wedding details that a pet "helped" out with?

No comments:

Post a Comment