Friday, June 8, 2012

Your Lips Touching Mine in the Photo Booth

I love photo booths at weddings.  I fell in love with them last year when I went to a cousin's wedding in Ohio, which was the first time I'd ever seen one at a wedding.  It might have been the open bar, but I had SO. MUCH. FUN with all of the different props and getting together with my different family members.  To share, here are some of my favorite photo booth pictures:
  
      

Well, last weekend we went to another wedding and had another round of photo booth madness, reaffirming my love of photo booths:
  

Now, as much as I love photo booths, I am not willing to pay a lot for them.  Looking at some of the companies around town, you can easily pay $600 for 3 hours of wedding coverage.  I say nay, let's DIY it.

I went shopping today.  I looked online at orientaltrading.com, but the majority of their costumes and potential photo booth props were sold in bulk.  So off to Dollar Tree I went (best decision ever).


For merely $14, I got 14 props to use for our photo booth.  I already had the three-cornered hat and I have sombreros and maracas in my classroom that I will include also.  I made a list the other day of the items that I would need and this crosses off many of them....yay!

Props/Supplies for DIY Photo Booth:
Tiara/Crown
Wand
Glowstick something
Glasses/Nose set
Sunglasses (I'm thinking of gettings these as favors...like the neon ones!)
Giant Sunglasses
Sombrero (at school)
Maracas (at school)
Sparkly ties/bowties
Top hat
Eye patch (but I got a pirate hat...)
Boa (leis)
Knife
Wigs (I think I have some in my Halloween box, but there are wasps in my shed and I was too afraid to check!)
Mask
Moustaches
Magnet board/chalkboard (I'm thinking of using my student-sized whiteboards & dry-erase markers from my classroom instead)
Background

For $14, I think that is an awesome start.  I honestly think that I can come in under $50 for an entire photo booth package.  I am going to grab some items post-halloween this year to add them to the collection.

Next time:  Deciding on the photo booth background and the whole how-to-make-it-work-without-an-attendant-and-a-special-camera-thing.

4 comments:

  1. I JUST saw a do your own photo booth thing on pinterest!! It was cute..I'll have to search for it for you!
    Also. We look pretty awesome in our pictures! And I am sad because I had a BIT too much fun at the wedding and left all my photobooth pics on the table and forgot to take them with me :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought we put your husband on picture guarding duty...hmm...shame on him for dropping the ball.

      Delete
  2. Dollar Tree here sells glow stick bracelets and necklaces! I'm planning on buying some for the little kids that attend the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would just like to say that I think that this is an awesome idea. And after the disappointingly poor quality of photo booth photos from my reception (considering the high cost), I am especially behind this plan of yours. One of the blogs I follow just linked this site, and since you've got photo booth ideas on the brain I thought I would share. It has a few DIY photo both props that I thought were very charming.

    http://www.theletter4.com/2012/05/make-your-own-photoprops.html

    ReplyDelete