Sunday, June 24, 2012

T-Minus 365 Days...

On Friday, Adam and I celebrated our -1st Anniversary.  And by "celebrated" I mean that I posted an anniversary message on his Facebook wall.

Friday was kind of a reality-check day.  It was neat.  I realized that it wasn't just another day, it is a date that we are going to celebrate each year from now on...for the rest of our lives.  While this year's celebration was quite minimal, I absolutely cannot wait for next year's.

As most of you may know, Adam and I have been dating for 8+ years now.  Neither of us know when we officially starting "going out." We know the general time frame, but that's all; sometime in late October or early November in 2003.  So, I think what I found most exciting about Friday was the fact that this is the first anniversary we've ever had.  We didn't do anything differently than on any other day, but the fact that we have something tangible is nice.

Now, I might seem contradictory here:  I'm excited about our anniversary, but we didn't do anything to celebrate.  I actually left for Tulsa on Friday right after lunch with a friend...for the Color Run!

Photo by H-Dogg (hope you like your anonymous name!)

So that's my excuse.  I could have done something cute for Adam that morning, but he gets donuts for breakfast at work on Fridays anyway.  I could have done something more creative too, but I didn't.

With excuses out of the way, let's look at the T-Minus One Year Checklist:

T-Minus One Year Checklist:
12+ Months
Set a wedding date June 22, 2013
Pick wedding colors Marine from David's Bridal...but maybe Peacock?
Reserve The Wareham $650 deposit paid
Reserve All Faiths Chapel Chapel fee paid
Envision the wedding
Design wedding logo

9-11 Months (June - Aug)
June
Find a wedding dress David's Bridal - post coming soon!
Order wedding dress to be shipped July 31st!
Purchase dress undergarments (bra, slip)
Compile a "must-take" photo list for photographer
June 22 - Run around campus and make a list of photos that you want (look closely at flowers 
     and trees in bloom, sun and weather)
Wooden L & A letters with ribbon
Paint aisle runner (store cool/dry place)
Practice making bouquets and bouts
Insure engagement ring
Get in shape
Drive by Wareham at night - decorations?  numbers?  Marquis saying?
Choose bridal party
      Cute 'Will You Be My Bridesmaid?' idea
      Work on bridesmaids dress hangers
Find a ceremony officiant
Find a photographer
      Book engagement photos for August
      Take engagement photos (August)
Find a caterer / interview
      Plan reception menu
      Sign catering contract / pay deposit
Find a florist
Make wedding guest list (get contact info)
Work on Save-the-Dates

I feel like we're making pretty good progress!  It's weird to think we've been engaged for 6 months now, although it doesn't really seem like we've done much!  My big projects for July are: photographer, caterer and officiant.  I think if I can get these three things done, I will be in really good shape for the next phase of to-do's for August.

How did you celebrate your -1st Anniversary?  When did it start sinking in that you were actually getting married?

No comments:

Post a Comment