Sunday, July 29, 2012

Home (Page) Improvement

When I started this blog, it was meant as an outlet for myself.  I could talk about wedding stuff and document the entire process, without overwhelming the people closest to me.  As these past 6 months have gone by, I've started branching out little by little by sharing my projects and connecting with the larger wedding community.  As my blog (slowly) grows, I would like to develop along with it. Thus, this post is dedicated to improving and becoming a better blogger, but I need your help!  So regardless of this being the first post you've read or you've been following me all along, help a girl out!

Rather than write a book, here's a list of things that I'm most insecure about when it comes to my blog/writing.  Please don't assume that I hate my writing, these are just what I worry about.
1.  That I write like I have ADD (with lots of parentheses and random comments)
2.  That the structure of my posts is disorganized
3.  I provide too much detail or ramble on ("and now's the time, the time is now" - see what I mean?)
4.  My voice is weak
5.  My posts are neither interesting nor useful
6.  My writing quality is poor - I always always always write on paper first, type and then edit (blogging is the exception and I feel like it does suffer as a result).

What do you think? What suggestions do you have for me? My English major friends out there..yeah you...what improvements could I make for the next 6 months?  Please don't feel like I'm begging for compliments - I hate forced compliments. I'm a strong believer that you can always find areas for improvement and my blog is no exception!

I look forward to reading your comments. I hope you know how much I appreciate every visit, subscriber and/or comment.  I have started to like this blogging thing and I can't wait to share many more months (and maybe even years) with you all!

1 comment:

  1. I feel the exact same way about my blog. It's boring, not funny, and I wonder why people read it. But, at the same time, I want my blog to make me famous and rich.

    ReplyDelete