Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Work in Progress: Save the Dates

As promised in my last post, here are my Save the Dates that I have designed thus far.

Basically, I found styles that I liked online and mimicked/tweaked them.  I started by using Microsoft Word, but you can't really save them as image files, so I moved over to PowerPoint.  I don't have Photoshop, or the skills to use it, but PowerPoint seemed to do almost everything I wanted.  I do have the free photo-editing program Gimp, which is very similar that I might mess around with, but it's still pretty out-of-my-league.

I did blur out our wedding website (eventually it will have more personal information than I care to share online!), but that should be the only thing missing.

I went ahead and sent these images in to Walgreens so that I could have a physical copy of them.  My goal for the next few days is to go through the examples with Adam and finalize the fonts, pictures, and layout of the design. Then we can get on to ordering these babies!

Let me know what you think!  What is your favorite?
(The white ones tend to blend into the background quite a bit.  If you click on the image it will be easier to see where it begins and ends!)
Horizontal 1

 Horizontal 2
 Horizontal 3

 Horizontal 4

Horizontal 5

Horizontal 6

   
Vertical 1 & 2 

    
 Vertical 3 & 4

   
Vertical 5 & 6

I think that Horizontal 5 is my favorite out of all the designs because it incorporates our wedding colors.  Adam already told me that he didn't like the white ones though when he was flipping through them this week.  He was looking more at the pictures and the fonts, rather than the design, so we're going to have to take a closer look and play around some more.  Another thing, is that if I upload my images to Vistaprint, part of the design is cut off around the outside edges.  I'm going to have to go back in and create a larger template to accommodate for the "bleed area" that the printers don't get to.

All in all, I'm pretty happy to say that I created these and would be happy to send these out to our family and friends.  I have no design skills whatsoever, just time and lots of patience!  If there is a design that you like, feel free to send me a private message and I can send you the "template."

So what do you think? Should I keep my day job? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment