Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Color Scheming...

So I made Adam sit down with me and discuss some wedding planning stuff.  My philosophy for this wedding is to pick out several options of what I like and then have Adam pick from there.  That way I don't have to torture him with the minute details that I really enjoy agonizing over.  Anyway, I wanted to discuss potential wedding dates and colors that I liked.

Potential Wedding Date:
Adam wanted later rather than earlier.  So July 2013.  I wanted earlier - June 2013 but not the first week (since I will be finishing up the school year and don't want to be working and finalizing wedding plans).  The last weekend in June is always Country Stampede and it is an interesting 4 days in this town full of country music and confederate flag waving hillbillies (so no 29).  So we were down to June 8, 15, 22 and July 6, 13, 20, and 27.   I got Adam to compromise to the end of June and that is where we're at now.  Luckily, nothing is booked this far in advance so we really have the pick of reception and ceremony venues.

Colors:
I logged onto David's Bridal to show Adam my color choice.  It's called Marine. I like it.
After I showed it to Adam he said, "Okay."  Now, to give you some back story, when Adam and I painted our house a few years back we argued forever about the colors that we were going to use.  I would pick out ones that I liked and he didn't agree.  This continued on for awhile.  So when I showed him the wedding color that I picked, I didn't expect it to be so easy.  In fact, after he said okay, I still didn't believe him.  I started to show him other colors that I also liked and finally he says, "Why are you showing me more colors?  I liked the first one."  Cool.  

Soon after, I realized that this is the exact same color that we painted the shutters, front door and porch on our house.  No wonder he agreed, we'd already been down this path before!  Who says co-habitation is bad for marriage?

The only thing that worries me about this color is that it is not really a summer color.  I really like the knee-length style of bridesmaid dresses so I think that will help make it a little more cool.  Also, naturally dark blue flowers don't exactly exist in nature.  I think I'm going to have to default to white, red and pink for bouquets.  Another idea that I thought of is to include some non-floral elements into the bouquets that match this color (paper or fabric flowers, ribbons, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment