Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Red Tape

I feel like I've come to my first snag in this wedding planning business.  More than anything, I want to have an official date set. We've decided on  June 22, 2013.  I feel like if we can get that set in stone by reserving the ceremony and reception locations, then I will be worry-free for quite some time.  We have 17 more months; flowers, caterers, dresses and the lot can wait, but I feel that a ceremony location and a reception hall cannot.

The reception hall is easy.  At the Wareham (my pick!) we get to use it from 8am-1am the next morning.  We don't have to have exact times yet and can plan everything into that chunk of time.

The hard part is the ceremony.  We're looking into All Faiths Chapel on campus and it rents it out hourly.  I have no idea how much time is necessary to set up, take photos, hold a wedding ceremony and give a little of time to clean up too.  I really wish that we could just rent the place out for the whole day so that we could have some down time at the church before everything gets started and not feel rushed into a small time frame.  Since we have to pay hourly though, I really don't want to reserve more time than we need too...

Another problem that I have come across is something I haven't yet decided myself:  do Adam and I want to see each other before the ceremony?  I love the whole traditional approach of no.  I think there is something really special about waiting until I'm walking down the aisle before we see each other.  However, I know that I don't want to spend time taking photos after the ceremony while my guests are waiting for the reception to start.  I also have read that the bride and groom really don't get a chance to be alone during that entire day and it is a nice chance to get together, calm nerves down and take a few pictures together.

So what do I do?  Any suggestions out there?  I feel like the paperwork to reserve the chapel is just hinging on the fact that I cannot make up my mind (and Adam doesn't seem to have a preference!).  I think it is something to sleep on as it is overwhelming me a bit.  I think a mother talk is necessary too.

We're signing the contract with the Wareham on Thursday so I better make my mind up quick!

2 comments:

  1. I vote for a first look! It'll make for some great pictures to share on WB ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Emily: That is what we've decided on! Both of us think it will be best to have some alone time (and then I can fix my mascara before the ceremony!) :)

    ReplyDelete