Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Strings, please

So, I got some inspiration from the Wedding Bee website about music selection last night:  stringed tributes!  Thus I spent the rest of the evening poring through Spotify's entire collection of Vitamin String Quartet and I am super excited.  How fun would it be to have songs that both Adam and I love playing before the ceremony?  Not only would it sound fancy to our elder family members, it would also provide a really personal and nostalgic feel to our guests that grew up during the 90s.   I think it would even be fun to have a contest to see how many songs people could figure out before the ceremony starts, but I'm not sure if that makes things too "gamey".  Or include a blank page at the back of the program with the answers on the flip side (with a little warning that says "No cheating"?).

Anyways, here are my top selections for songs that are awesome, but also sound wedding-like (with their original authors)

Transatlanticism (Deathcab for Cutie)
Soul Meets Body (Deathcab for Cutie)
Resistance (Muse)
Sex on Fire (Kings of Leon) although the title is a little risque...
Creep (Radiohead)
Hey There, Delilah (Plain White T's)
Today (Smashing Pumpkins)
Drive (Incubus)
Colors (Crossfade)
Method Acting (Bright Eyes)
Bowl of Oranges (Bright Eyes)
Under the Bridge (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
Yellow (Coldplay)
Karma Police (Radiohead)
Climbing up the Walls (Radiohead)
Chasing Cars (Snow Patrol)
With or without you (U2)

I feel like a lot of these don't have a true wedding resemblance, but nonetheless, I still think they would sound great.  Any opinions out there?


No comments:

Post a Comment