Monday, January 23, 2012

Texts from Mom

I love my mother.  She is all about the text messages since she has a full keyboard cell phone now.  Anyway, this is probably the longest message I've ever received, and I thought it was worthy of sharing:

"Your wedding will b perfect...dont stress over the $ part because we have Bret 4 food & dj now jk seriously it will all work out....loved that horsey being there 4 us 2day.....that was one of the highlights of my day...good timing Id say.  luv u...what a fun thing 2 do on a wedding anniversary for the wife anyway (heart emoticon) (ice cream emoticon)...next year let's drink! Your dad will b dd next yr."

So, giant right? I have to further explain some things:  
  1. My younger brother Bret offered to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the reception.  50 people for $100.  He said that he would even cut them into triangles.  I think that is a pretty sweet deal.  I guess he is also promoting himself to be my dj.  I hope that cost is included in the catering bill.
  2. The horsey that my mother is referring is to a horse and carriage that happened to be cruising around the parking lot and gave us a ride to the entrance of the hotel where the bridal show was held.  While it was fun, I personally don't really enjoy the smell of horse butt.
  3. The day that we went to the bridal show was also my parents' anniversary.
  4. They had a cash bar at the bridal show.  I was not feeling the need for an adult beverage this year, but my mom certainly offered.  I've been under the weather with a cold this week and didn't feel that a mimosa would really help.  Since we have almost 18 months, we will have another year of bridal shows (if we so choose) and can drink next year and then have my father pick the two of us up! Mother-daughter bonding.


No comments:

Post a Comment