Wednesday, June 5, 2013

The Bar Menu

We're under the 3-week mark until the wedding!

To celebrate, Adam and I did some wine tasting last night...


...in order to complete our bar menu:

We purchased the liquor awhile back at Sam's Club, ordered the kegs this past weekend, talked with the reception hall about what types of soda were available in the CO2 guns, added a few more to the list (Adam loves cream soda) and finally got our wines figured out to make a final draft of the bar menu you see here.

I downloaded the chalkboard background off of a WeddingBee post and then did all my editing in PowerPoint. Probably not the ideal photo-editing/production program, but it was the best that I had.  I downloaded a few fonts off www.dafont.com including Mutlu ("Bar Menu"); Sverge Script Demo (headings) and Trajan Pro (Pepsi, Bud Light, etc) to create the design.

Walgreen's was having a 40% off photo sale, so I saved the PowerPoint slide as a high-quality image file and then sent it off to get printed as a 20x30 poster.  I picked it up this morning, costing me $15 and bought a 20x30 piece of foam board that I glued to it to make it a little more sturdy. I borrowed an easel from school to post it at the reception, but the easel kind of swallows the poster since it's so much bigger than I realized, so I'll probably just prop it against the bar or get an easel that I can stand up on the bar to display it.

So there's one of many projects I have yet to post as we approach the big day.  Aaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment