Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Breakdown (mentally and hourly)

So I might have cried today.  At work.  In my classroom.  On the phone with my mom during lunch.

My complete cluelessness had gotten to me from last night, combined with the stress of a crazy morning at work.  I texted my mom before lunch to see if she was going to be around after school so that I could swing by.  I wanted to talk to her about when to book the chapel for the wedding ceremony and was completely unaware of how much time we needed to reserve the space for (and hoping that she could help out).  Well, turns out that little brother had a doctors appointment so she wasn't going to be around and so I gave her a call instead.

Mom wasn't a lot of help.  Mom was already overwhelmed herself and the last thing that she wanted to talk about was wedding stuff.  So I pretended like everything was fine and stifled my sobs until I could get off the phone with her.  She told me she would talk to me later after she de-stressed and could think straight.   I completely understood how mom was feeling and I really didn't want to have to call her, but I felt like there was nothing else to do since Adam and I had already circled this conversation the night before.  Mom did call me back later and she did have suggestions for me, but at the moment I felt like I was in a free fall and there was nobody out there to help me!

I came home from work and slept.  And then I felt much better.  Then I got back into Motivational, Strong Lindsy mode and decided to be proactive.   I searched wedding bee's website and found some wedding day timelines and talked to a friend that had gotten married there a few years back.

Feeling MUCH better.

I really didn't think that I would need to make a timeline 17 months in advance, but I went ahead and did it.

Feeling MUCH MUCH better.

So since I spent the time on it, I shall share:


Wedding Weekend Timeline

Friday, June 21st, 2013           
8:00 – 11:00        Work on something I’m sure
11:00 – 12:00      Lunch
12:00 – 4:00        Set up Wareham decorations
                                    Gift table / card holder
                                    Seating Chart votives table at entrance? / Find your seat sign
                                    Photo booth area / screen / props
                                    Bar area:  alcohol, napkins, bar menu, glasses/cups
                                    Tables:  linens, napkins and menus, silverware, favors, table numbers?
                                    Snack table / Candy bar???
                                    Cake table:  linens, napkins, plates, forks, cake knife and server, cake topper,
punch bowl and cups
                                    DJ Table: linens, and ???
                                    Head table:  linens, Mr. & Mrs. signs, champagne glasses
4:00 – 5:00          Get ready for rehearsal
5:30 – 6:30          Wedding rehearsal
                                 Drop off supplies for tomorrow if possible (guest book, programs, bubbles, candles, unity               
                                        stuff, aisle runner, basket/ring pillow, flower petals, bible)
6:30 – 8:30          Rehearsal dinner
9:00 – 11:00        Work on finalizing flowers and bouquets for tomorrow.
11:00                  Sleep and sleep well

Saturday, June 22, 2013
7:00 - 8:00          Wake up, eat breakfast
8:00 – 10:00        Finish setting up Wareham  
                                  Set out flower arrangements
                                  Leave corsages/bouts in fridge for after hair/makeup                                   
                                  Get ice?
10:00 – 12:00      Hair/makeup (pictures)
12:00 – 1:00        Lunch with bridesmaids / groomsmen
1:00 – 2:00          Girls meet back at Wareham / get dressed (getting ready pics)
2:00                    Girls head to All Faiths:  take flowers, extra corsages and bouts
2:15 – 3:00          Girls start setting up decorations:  guest book table, bubbles, programs, flowers, candles
computer/music, unity ceremony table, “pew” decorations, aisle runner
3:00                    Boys arrive at All Faiths / finish helping bridesmaids and family with decorations
3:00 – 3:45          Bride and Groom first look / alone time (pictures)
3:45 – 4:30          Wedding party photos 
4:00                    Family members arrive and put on corsages and bouts
4:30 – 5:00          Family portraits / Flower girl & ring bearer arrive with parents
5:00 – 5:30          Bridal Party goes to Bridal Suite. Guests begin to arrive.
5:30 – 6:00          Ceremony
6:00 - 6:30           Last minute photos/ushers check for any belongings
6:15 – 6:30          Receiving line outside of church
6:30 – 7:00          Finish pictures around town /ride around in limo / drink lots of champagne
                           Attendants head to Wareham (take flowers and computer); light candles, get out snacks(if  
                                         applicable) and cake, start music,set ceremony flowers at bar/head table
                           Bartenders to start serving drinks
7:00 – 7:05          Bride and Groom/party are announced
7:15 – 8:15          Dinner is served.
8:30 – 8:45          Bride and Groom’s First Dance / Father Bride Dance / Mother Groom dance
8:45                    Best Man /Maid of Honor Toasts
9:00                    Cake Cutting
10:00                  Bouquet/Garter Toss followed by DANCING!
12:00                  Reception ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment