Wednesday, February 8, 2012

500 days...

I logged onto The Knot today and saw this:


I feel like that is a milestone worthy of celebration.  


Anyway, as previously promised, here is my post on our ceremony venue:

All Faiths Chapel is where we are getting married at.  It is located on the K-State campus.  I love this fact for several reasons:

1.  I'm a big K-State fan.


2.  The university has been a large part of our adult lives as we have spent lots of hours there. Adam
      especially (he's had a couple extra years than myself).

3.  Campus has tons of photo opportunities.  Since we decided to do a first look, I plan on running
     around campus and taking lots of pretty pictures.

4.  Adam and I haven't exactly been church goers in the last decade.  My family started going to church
     when I was in high school and Adam's family was the Christmas/Easter service type.  Neither of us
     felt that we really had a church "home" and didn't really entertain the idea of waltzing into churches
     and asking them to marry us.  All Faiths Chapel is a pretty, but non-denominational church (hence
     the name).  This also means that we can have a secular service, or secular aspects (readings, music,
     etc) if we so choose.  Options!

5.  We pick our own officiant.  That may prove to be an obstacle in the future, but as for now I like the
     fact that we aren't tied down to anyone.  Who knows, we could even have a friend marry us.


Here is the outside of the main entrance.

Here is the inside.  I love the giant pipe organ.

The only downside to All Faiths is that there isn't really an area to get ready in.  There is a small second chapel which is where most bridal parties wait until the ceremony starts.  Kind of strange, but it should work out.  The other chapel has really pretty stained glass which will provide some extra photo ops.

Another downside is the seating.  I would rather have pews, but at least our guests will be comfortable. I remember going here in elementary school for concerts...ahh nostalgia.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! We were thinking about having a friend officiate but I think we're leaning toward a justice of the peace.

    ReplyDelete